Friday, September 9, 2011

Friendship bracelets

A while back I signed up to do a friendship bracelet swap on The Modern Marigold. This is a cute blog so I suggest checking it out when you have some time. I found out about this swap from one of the many other blogs that I read.

We were each assigned 3 different partners with the hopes that we would get to know each other and get some cool bracelets in the mail.


'S' was the first lady I talked to. She is from England and has one little boy. We have exchanged several emails. She was not picky about color so I picked out yellow and grey in a traditional pattern.


For 'E' I went shopping for new floss. She told me she was a nature lover and would like anything with green. I spent way too much time trying to find the perfect shades of this color to make her bracelet. I ended up using shades of green and brown.
Finally there was 'C'. I found out her favorite colors were green and yellow. While I was shopping for 'E' I also hemmed and hawed over shades of these colors. I ended up making her a chevron bracelet.
I have yet to receive any of my bracelets in the mail:( What a bummer. I did here from 'S' in England and she admitted to being uber busy and had not gotten them done yet but I have not heard from 'C' or 'E'. This was my very first swap and it ended up being a big disappointment. 
It was not all sad though, I found some really great tutorials from Beyond Bracelets on Youtube. She has fantastic instructions. Also, my kids are interested in making bracelets..especially my daughter.
To close I just want to say one thing. Do NOT sign up for a swap if you are not 100% positive you can follow through.
Now, go make some bracelets.

Linking here:

4 comments:

Yuhasz Family said...

how fun! used to love making these bracelets-might just have to bust out the thread ;-)

Erin said...

Love your bracelets! Sorry about no one reciprocating! I love swaps and stuff like that but I'm always the one sending things out but never getting anything back =o( Hope yours end up coming!

Lovely Light said...

Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. I miss friendship bracelets! I've started beading now, and you've inspired me to try the designs using beads! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

I hope you are having a great week!

Daina said...

Sorry to hear about the swap... love your creations though! I teach second grade, and also run a friendship bracelet class for kids from all grade for an hour a week. Friendship bracelets are so fun to make! I saw a post over the summer where someone stitched rhinestone rope onto a chevron patterned bracelet and it looked amazing.

Post a Comment