Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall is welcome here!

A few weeks ago summer came here in Washington. It did not last very long. Fall is here now. It has been raining and the temperature has dropped. 

I was looking forward to this season, I think summer was long enough. 
I wanted to make a wreath to hang by the door (I can't hang it on the door) that felt like fall.

I am loving all the yarn wreaths I have been seeing so that is what I made. 

Supplies:
Wreath form
Yarn
Felt

Super easy to make. All you do is wrap the yarn around the wreath. I did it very smooth and even but you can do it any way. I think messy looks good too. Wrapping this wreath took me a LONG time. I used hot glue to hold the start and the finish. 
Once it was wrapped I cut out a bunch of squares of felt. Diamonds would have been better but I was not about to measure anything. (This wreath has been in progress for two plus weeks, just needed it done) I alternated the colors and used a dot of glue to hold them in place until I wrapped it.

I wrapped the yarn in both directions, that is what gives the argyle look.
I like the way it turned out. If it was a bigger wreath form I would add something to it like this owl wreath. I am super glad I pinned it when I did because it is not there anymore:(

There are so many awesome wreaths out there. Be sure and check out my wreath board.

And now, just for fun...

Love having chickens!

You can usually find me linked up to some or all of the parties on my side bar and here

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Very clever...looks great!

LisaM said...

um, over from TTJ ... seriously, this is the cutest wreath I've seen ALL SEASON! Maybe in a long, long, long time.

Love it!!!

Pitter and Glink said...

Love it! <3

Anonymous said...

I love Argyle things and wreaths! So this is a great combination, your wreath turned out awesome!

Unknown said...

I love this! I am a sucker for argyle! Would love if you would link these up to the Scatter Girls' Fall Front Porch Party going on now: http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Love that wreath! It's fun but unexpected. There are a ton of great wreaths out there and a wreath board is a great idea. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Hi, thanks so much for the nice comment you left on my blog. I like your argyle wreath with it's bright fall colors. You did a nice job! --------Shannon

Alexa said...

This is so much fun! I'd love it if you linked up to my Terrorific Tuesday linky party! http://swelldesigner.blogspot.com/2011/10/terrorific-tuesday-blog-hop-time.html

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I am such a sucker for argyle. Love it, especially on wreaths!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I loved your wreath and featured it today at House of Hepworths!

Feel free to stop by and grab a button if you'd like.

Have a great weekend.

xoxo

Allison @ House of Hepworths

Post a Comment