Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thrift store find

I can't believe it has been almost two weeks since my last post! I hope I have not lost anybody. I will be hopefully making up for lost time in the next few days.
I found this old jewelry box when my bff and I were shopping a couple weeks ago.
I almost did not buy it. It was $3 and I am uber cheep. When I got to the counter with my other things we found out that Tuesday is half off day. Yippee. So I grabbed it. I saw some potential ya know?

So, I removed what hardware I could (some was too hard and I am just too lazy busy with other things). I picked out some fabric I liked and started gluing. 
 I tried to cut straight lines and all that, I wanted to be able to show this off.
 I pretty much just went around the whole thing with my fabric, trimming as I needed.
 Once I finished I decided I needed to finish off the spots where the fabric went into the box. Out came another thrift store find. I cut and glued some more.
 Pretty isn't it?
 
I measured for the top and then added some border around the outside. Once I did that I put the hardware back on. 
I added some to the drawer too. And buttons on the drawer pulls, then some ribbon on top to finish it off.
I really like how it turned out. I would have to say it was worth the $1.50 I spent on it. 
What do you think of it?

Today I am partying here:
HookingupwithHoH

1 comments:

Sasha said...

I covet that jewelry box! I need one. It's so awesome that you can things like this, Tanya. :) I wish I was that creative.

Post a Comment